Lilypie

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh BOY!.....or GIRL?

Looking back, I can't believe I didn't put all the pieces together. Apparently, my co-workers (especially Denis' drivers) figured I was expecting long before I did. I didn't know it at the time, but people had actually been asking Denis...he didn't tell me because he didn't want to hurt my feelings. But he saw it. He'd been guessing it for weeks! He'd dropped hints here and there...I thought he must be joking with me... It was happening to ME and I didn't even catch on! Wow.

For a week or so after our cruise, I'd wondered...the stuffy nose, the weight gain, weird moments of nausea, my dresses not fitting on the cruise (UGH!)...I thought, "well, maaaaaaybe." But, not likely. Until my good friend and I went to dinner and she began talking about her med student friend who examined a woman who had no idea she was pregnant...hmmmm...a sign? And THEN...we saw another good friend and her new baby boy...ok, another sign. So, I'm holding this adorable baby and thinking, "Ok, it's time. It'll be negative anyway, so what's the harm."

I think I took four over-the-counter tests before I broke down and made a call to my doc. Denis' first words were, "Ooooooooohhhhh boy!"

The hardest part was not knowing....BOY or GIRL? It was torture! I immediately googled "predictors" and "signs" of gender.


For the record....these things DON'T work

No comments:

Post a Comment